Popular Posts

03 October 2011

Saying “I do” in the Karoo…

It has been a crazy year thus far, especially the last couple of months with us moving (extended 3 month saga) and all the drama that went with it.  I am happy to report that we are in our house!  Not quite settled, but that will come in time. J  Amongst it all two of my friends got married in a small little town in the Karoo called Britstown - a week apart?!  What are the odds of that happening?  But it did and as I was to be photographing both of them it was just as if the universe was saying, go stay for a week in the Karoo

And what a week my husband and I ended up having.  We fell in love with the Karoo and the people of Britstown.  Beautiful landscapes, gorgeous sunsets, warm friendly loveable people and just pure joy.  God is in our people and in our land.  His glory surrounds us. We must just open our eyes daily to see it and take it in.  Loose the clutter.

I have come back inspired, rested and excited to edit two beautiful weddings.  On the way back yesterday I was all teary eyed and filled with emotion by what I have experienced and how I was touched.

My blog is a bit behind and I will be updating it in the coming weeks with weddings of last month and before but in the meantime I leave you with a couple of images of the Karoo.

Blessings!
xAdri









This was taken in the car on our way home - just loved the light coming through the clouds.

3 comments:

  1. Adri, hierdie fotos is beyond fantasties! As ek die boonste foto will blok of raam om dit teen die muur te hang, hoe maak ek?

    PS jy kan antwoord na neels.kornelius@angloamerican.com as jy wil

    Groete, Neels

    ReplyDelete
  2. sjoe adri, die fotos is regtig so stunning en so powerful wow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hoekom het jy nie al LLlllllankal bedank en hierdie magic gedoen nie? Mis jou.

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think!